Yields 400-450 G wet almonds/almond butter
300 G whole raw almonds (2 cups)
400 G warm water or cover by 2”
1-2 t sea salt
1T whey or ACV (apple cider vinegar)
30 G coconut oil, butter or avocado oil (optional)
1 t vanilla (optional)
- Place almonds, water, salt and whey (if using) in a glass or stainless steel bowl. Cover with warm water and stir in the salt.
- Set in a warm place like the oven with the light on or just on the counter in warmer seasons and soak 7-24 hours.
- Rinse and drain. Place on a clean dish towel to absorb the excess moisture.
- Place the almonds into to mixing bowl.
- Process 30 sec/speed 6-7. Use spatula if necessary.
- Add the oil of choice if using and scrape down bowl.
- Process again using spatula 30 sec /speed 6-7.
- Sweeten to taste (optional and not necessary if using in cookies)
*1 C almond butter = 250G
*freeze in portions and use for making almond milk and cookies.